How it works
our Exchange Program
Artists willing to participate in the program will submit to the Gaia Artistic committee – through the GAIA ‘s portal – two or more artworks representing their own origins, their regions, cultures or folklore.
GAIA Art Committee shortlists and selects the artists who will participate in the program. It will include travel and accommodation overseas for 3 months, and the opportunity of attending GAIA partners’ art schools (workshops, seminars, facilities), connecting with artists from a different background, being inspired and interacting with the local art community through GAIA’s Arts Committee network.
During the exchange program artists are encouraged to create artworks inspired by the culture, traditions and folklore of the country they are visiting.
At completion of the exchange, Artists will be given the opportunity to display their artworks for sale in public and private venues, in the local and international markets though GAIA’s Donor Program, GAIA’s exhibitions and art events.to participate in the exchange program YDAIA upload, on GAIA’s portal, photos and information regarding their profile and inspirations, and statements about their artworks. GAIA encourages artists to submit artworks representing their own culture, traditions and folklore.
1. GAIA’s Art Committee shortlists the artists (and artworks) to be admitted to the program.
2. Artists notified of their admission to the program submit their artwork(s) to GAIA.
3. Gaia’s Art committee nominates artists participating in the international exchange program.
4. Gaia will provide airfare, accommodation, financial support and will facilitate their attendance at art seminars and courses at overseas GAIA’s ART institutions, and facilitate the connection and networking with the local art community through events and other services available.
5. While overseas artists are encouraged to produce artworks inspired by the culture tradition and folklore of the place they visiting.
6. At the end of the exchange program a gran gala award night will be organised where artworks inspired by the culture of the hosting country will be displayed and auctioned, and an award will be given to the artists who better represented the culture of the place visited.